We are now open for submissions for our first issue, on the theme of ‘Beginnings’, which will launch in January 2022.
Submissions are welcome from everyone, everywhere in the world, aged 18 and over. You don’t need a track record as a poet generally or a children’s poet specifically; we are keen to encourage as many people as possible to experience the exhilaration of writing poetry for children!
Please read the guidelines below before submitting your poems.
- Send up to three unpublished poems on the theme of ‘Beginnings’ by midnight GMT on Tuesday 30 November 2021. Feel free to interpret the theme as you wish.
- Please include a short covering note and a biography of up to 100 words with your submission.
- Please paste your poems into the body of an email and send them to email@example.com.
- Unfortunately, at this time we cannot offer payment for work published. Tyger Tyger Magazine is run on a voluntary basis.
- You are welcome to submit the same poems elsewhere but please let us know promptly if another publication snaps them up.
- By submitting, you consent for your work to be featured in perpetuity: online on the Tyger Tyger Magazine website; as a freely downloadable poster; as part of a freely downloadable teaching resource [three poems will be selected each issue].
- Poets retain copyright to their poems. Please do mention us if you go on to publish your poem elsewhere.
- We will respond to all submissions within six weeks of the closing date. Give us a nudge after that time if you haven’t heard back.
- The decision of the editorial team is final; we will not enter into further correspondence.