Call for new children’s poems exploring The Colour Spectrum
We are now open for submissions of new children’s poems for our autumn issue, on the theme of ‘The Colour Spectrum’.
You don’t need a track record as a poet generally or a children’s poet specifically; we are keen to encourage as many people as possible to experience the important joy of writing poetry for children!
Please read the guidelines below before submitting your poems.
- Send us up to three unpublished poems on the theme of ‘The Colour Spectrum’ by midnight GMT on Thursday 30 June 2022.
- Feel free to interpret the theme as you wish. We recommend reading a previous issue of Tyger Tyger Magazine to get a feel for it.
- Poems should be up to 40 lines long and aimed at readers aged 7-11 years old.
- Please include a short covering note and a third-person biography of up to 80 words with your submission.
- Please paste your poems into the body of an email and send them to email@example.com.
- We welcome submissions from everyone, everywhere in the world, as long as you are aged 18 or over.
- Unfortunately, at this time we cannot offer payment for work published. Tyger Tyger Magazine is run on a voluntary basis.
- Feel free to submit the same poems elsewhere but please let us know promptly if another publication snaps them up.
- If you have recently submitted or been published in Tyger Tyger Magazine, you are most welcome to submit again on the next theme.
- By submitting, you consent for your work to be featured in perpetuity: online on the Tyger Tyger Magazine website; as a freely downloadable poster; as part of a freely downloadable teaching resource (three poems will be selected each issue).
- Poets retain copyright to their poems. Please do mention us if you go on to publish your poem elsewhere.
- We will respond to all submissions within twelve weeks of the closing date. Give us a nudge after that time if you haven’t heard back.
- The decision of the editorial team is final; we will not enter into further correspondence.
Submit your poems
We will respond to any queries as soon as possible – please note, this is likely to take a few days.
Sign up to our mailing list here.
Enjoy our current issue of twelve brand-new poems for children, on the theme of Beginnings.
Submit your poems
Join our call for new children’s poems! For more information, see our submissions page.
Download our free posters and teaching resources to use in the classroom or at home.